CityPAC, Chicago’s pro-Israel, bipartisan political action committee (PAC), is committed to strengthening the U.S.-Israel relationship.
We seek to accomplish this by raising funds from members of our community and contributing these funds to those members of, and candidates for, the United States Congress, who are committed to supporting a strong and enduring relationship between our country and Israel.
Our primary goal is to ensure and enhance Congressional support for Israel.
CityPAC is also organized with the expressed purpose of providing unparalleled pro-Israel leadership opportunities for members of the Chicagoland Jewish and pro-Israel communities.
What’s at Stake
With so many important issues facing Israel, maintaining and enhancing support in Congress is more critical than ever. Threats to Israel’s peace and security are constant and extreme:
- Iran continues its nuclear ambitions and its leadership continues to threaten Israel’s existence.
- The terrorist organization, Hamas, controls Gaza and uses that territory as a launching pad for attacks on Israel.
- Hezbollah and Syria are entrenched in war along Israel’s border and constitute a deadly threat to the security of Israel and its citizens.
- ISIS has a presence on Israel’s southern and northern borders.
- Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) continues to intimidate and discriminate against Israel all over the world. This is manifested on college campuses and is spreading into otherwise unrelated organizations through “intersectionality.”
- Israel continues to be discriminated against in the United Nations (UN) unlike any other country in the world.
- Incitement and support for terrorism from the leadership in the Palestinian Territories continues to foster an environment of hate that is not conducive for peace.
In the face of these threats, Israel, the only democracy in the Middle East, has thrived, and the United States Congress remains the single most important, influential, and steadfast supporter of Israel in the world.
CityPAC’s work is, therefore, as important as ever and at the heart of an essential effort to support Israel.
A Strong Relationship
CityPAC’s leadership maintains close working relationships with the entire Illinois Congressional Delegation, as well as Senators and Representatives from around the country.
CityPAC leaders regularly participate in meetings with Members of Congress from both sides of the aisle, holding in-depth conversations about the many critical issues facing the United States and Israel. These relationships provide an extraordinary opportunity for CityPAC members to have a direct positive impact on the U.S. – Israel relationship.